Episode XVII: Double Muddle was uploaded on April 24, 2016 and is the first episode of the third season'
It is a very wet season on Sodor, and Thomas hates the mud. Terence, on the other hand, doesn't mind it. But this may change after one very stormy day.
- Dryaw Windmill
- Terence's Field
- Crowe's Farm Crossing
- Being the first episode of the new, revamped series, it has the first of many things:
- The first to not have voice actors.
- The first to not use Trainz sounds for the majority.
- The first episode since The Eyes back in October 2014.
- The first episode not to have a number in the title (ex. Episode XVII) though it is present in the opening titles.
- The first to have a much shortened intro and credits.
- The first to use major greenscreen effects.
- The original idea for the story was going to be a feud between Spencer and Crovan. However, it was difficult to create a story like this because Spencer and Crovan are only used for one specific task, transport of VIPs. Therefore, the logistics of having them meet and getting into an argument would be difficult. The idea was used in The Most Famous Engine.