Episode XVI: The Eyes was uploaded on October 31 (Halloween). It is the sixth and final episode of the second season as well as being the 2014 Halloween special.
Duncan tells a chilling ghost story about an extremely evil engine to the others, but it may be truer than he thinks.
- Sir Handel
- Peter Sam
- Mr. Percival
- "Red-Eyed Engine" (appears in flashback, does not speak, eyes and inside of cab only heard laughing at the end of the episode)
- Sir Haydn (appears in flashback, cameo)
- Proteus (mentioned)
- SodorFan2K10: Skarloey
- Andrew Homer: Duke
- Carson0802200: Peter Sam
- EnterprisingEngine93: Bertram
- Richardthebluehunsletengine: Rusty
- JakerBraker123: Rheneas
- Thomas1Edward2Henry3: Everyone Else
- This is the last Engines of Sodor episode before the hiatus. The series didn't resume until April 2016. This means it was also the last episode of the second season, though not intentionally.
- This is the first episode to feature Richardthebluehunslettengine as Rusty and Carson08022000 as Peter Sam.
- This is the first episode to not have the traditional intro and credits. This was to give the episode a spooky atmosphere and to cut down the length to as short as possible.
- This was originally not going to be in an episode format and was to be a special, like Haunted Henry. It was turned into an episode so that T1E2H3 could reach his goal of having more than 5 episodes in season 2 before the end of the year.
- Music from the films Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1, and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 is used. Music from The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly was used in the original audio file, but was replaced with Kevin MacLeod's music (Reign Supreme, and a rendition of In The Hall Of The Mountain King) because it didn't fit the spooky theme.
- Duncan mentions that The Red-Eyed Engine's spirit is not friendly like Casper. This Makes a very clear reference to Paramount Harvey Comics cartoon character, Casper the Friendly Ghost.
- Events from the "Thomas and Friends" TV episode Duncan gets Spooked appear in a flashback.
- The "Red Eyed Engine" was not shown to create a mysterious atmosphere.
- This is the last Engines of Sodor episode to have voice actors. The voice actors are now used for NWR Origins and for specials.
- This is T1E2H3's favorite video on his YouTube channel, as revealed in Part 1 of his Q&A videos.